MARGA for Students
Online Business Simulation Competition for students
The General Management Business Simulation during summer semester 2022
MARGA for students is an open Online Business Simulation Competition: Each team is in direct competition with teams of other degree programs and universities.
- Teams with up to six students from different universities and degree programs are in direct competition with their virtual companies in a market-based competition.
Within seven periods, students have to develop and produce products, as well as position and sell them on the market. The team which has created the highest company value is the winnner of the competition.
MARGA for students runs completely online.
Students steer their own virtual company and put their managerial knowledge and skills into practice.
- Deepen and apply managerial topics
- Align all company divisions and functions
- Make substantial corporate decisions and discover the role of managers
- Develop entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- Discover Management is team work
MARGA makes management tangible!
From targets via corporate strategy to sustainable returns: Students manage the whole corporate process. Thus, MARGA offers a unique knowledge transfer to entrepreneurial thinking and acting.
Market and Competition
- Marketing: Product, Price, Place and Promotion
- Competitive strategies: Cost Leadership, Differentiation, Focus (Niche)
- Portfolio Management: Cash cows, Dogs, Question marks, Stars
- Production planning and capacity management
- Investment planning
- HR management
- Procurement and logistics
- Make-or-buy decisions
- Internal and external financing, equity and debt financing
- Management of receiveables and accounts payable
- Value-based Management
- Financial reports: Balance sheet, Income statement, Cashflow statement, Segment reporting
- Cost accounting: Full costing, Direct costing
- KPIs - Profitability, Liquidity, Financing, Asset structure
- Foreign currency/Hedgingg
Sequence winter edition 2021/22
- Kick off: CW 19
- Sign-up deadline: May 3, 2021
- Weekly deadlines
- Final: July 01, 2022
- Duration: two months
- Language: English and German
Benefits of MARGA
- MARGA has been running a business simulation competition for companies in the form of distance learning since 1971
- MARGA does not offer a license model, but a full-service package instead
- Complete Implementation: The entire business simulation is both organizationally and technically carried out by MARGA experts. Additionally, our tutors also accompany in terms of content.
- Real scenario: The MARGA business simulations use current scenarios which are closely related to real economic events and developments.
- Intensive and personal tutoring for all participants via telephone hotline, e-mail and web-conference on two days of the week
- Topic related live and Online Course "Financial Basics" for sustainable deepening of knowledge
- The learning content can be questioned in a final oral or written exam. We will provide you with possible questions and answers.
The Online Competition for Students at a glance
Participants: Students (first degree, i.e. bachelor and master degree) of business and economics, etc.
When: May 10 - July 1, 2021
Total workload: approx. 45 hours (flexible planning)
Duration: 8 weeks
Price: 600 € per Team (up to six persons).
Language: German and English
Organization: MARGA offers a full-service package including organization and communication (no licence); the program runs completely online
Technology: Online access via standard browser (no additional software installation required)
We are more than happy to provide you with detailed information about the competition in an individual web-conference. Just give us a call or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
The price for the participation is 600 Euro plus VAT per team (up to six persons)
VAT doesn‘t apply if the institution provides a tax exemption according to § 4 No. 21 a) bb) UStG (German VAT Act).
Tel.: +49 2235 406 364
Dr. Christoph Heinen
Dr. Sandra Wagner
What I particularly appreciate about 'MARGA for Students' is the extensive service. I have divided my students into teams and registered them for the competition. From then on, MARGA carried out the technical set-up and took over all communication with the participants. At the decision deadlines, I was always informed about the current focal points and the ranking of my teams in the competition. My students were thoroughly supported by MARGA and learned a lot from a different format and a further university external perspective.
Prof. Dr. Jochen Zimmermann, Professor of Business Administration, Accounting and Control, University of Bremen
"MARGA enabled us to develop a well-rounded understanding of the synergetic links between business operations within a company. Also, we could improve our communication and teamwork skills. What we like most about MARGA is being able to simulate the company's decision-making process without taking the real-life risks "
Dzintars Jankovskis, RISEBA University of Applied Sciences from Latvia - winner team summer semester 2021
"What we enjoyed most about MARGA was the unique opportunity to put our knowledge about management to the test without taking real risks. To understand the impact of decisions on different figures and economic interrelations was the foundation to react flexible and preciously on changing market conditions. This knowledge in fact will be a valuable benefit for our ongoing bachelor program and occupation.In addition, the given competition and the incentive to reach a top 3 spot resulted in an enjoyable and exciting dynamic ride throughout the whole program. "
Nils Kohrn, participant of MARGA for Students summer semester 2021 - Westfälische Wilhelms-University of Münster from Germany
Fact SheetDownload PDF
Video clip about the Competition