MARGA for Students
Online Business Simulation Competition for students
The General Management Business Simulation
during the Summer Semester 2021
MARGA for students is an open Online Business Simulation Competition: Each team is in direct competition with teams of other degree programs and universities.
- Teams with up to six students from different universities and degree programs are in direct competition with their virtual companies in a market-based competition.
Within seven periods, students have to develop and produce products, as well as position and sell them on the market. The team which has created the highest company value is the winnner of the competition.
MARGA for students runs completely online.
Students steer their own virtual company and put their managerial knowledge and skills into practice.
- Deepen and apply managerial topics
- Align all company divisions and functions
- Make substantial corporate decisions and discover the role of managers
- Develop entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- Discover Management is team work
MARGA makes management tangible!
From targets via corporate strategy to sustainable returns: Students manage the whole corporate process. Thus, MARGA offers a unique knowledge transfer to entrepreneurial thinking and acting.
Market and Competition
- Marketing: Product, Price, Place and Promotion
- Competitive strategies: Cost Leadership, Differentiation, Focus (Niche)
- Portfolio Management: Cash cows, Dogs, Question marks, Stars
- Production planning and capacity management
- Investment planning
- HR management
- Procurement and logistics
- Make-or-buy decisions
- Internal and external financing, equity and debt financing
- Management of receiveables and accounts payable
- Value-based Management
- Financial reports: Balance sheet, Income statement, Cashflow statement, Segment reporting
- Cost accounting: Full costing, Direct costing
- KPIs - Profitability, Liquidity, Financing, Asset structure
- Foreign currency/Hedgingg
Sequence summer edition 2021
- Kick off: CW 18, May 03 - 07, 2021
- Sign-up deadline: April 23, 2021
- Weekly deadlines
- Final: July 02, 2021
- Duration: two months
- Language: English and German
Benefits of MARGA
- MARGA has been running a business simulation competition for companies in the form of distance learning since 1971
- MARGA does not offer a license model, but a full-service package instead
- Complete Implementation: The entire business simulation is both organizationally and technically carried out by MARGA experts. Additionally, our tutors also accompany in terms of content.
- Real scenario: The MARGA business simulations use current scenarios which are closely related to real economic events and developments.
- Intensive and personal tutoring for all participants via telephone hotline, e-mail and web-conference on two days of the week
- Topic related live and Online Course "Financial Basics" for sustainable deepening of knowledge
- The learning content can be questioned in a final oral or written exam. We will provide you with possible questions and answers.
The Online Competition for Students at a glance
Participants: Students (first degree, i.e. bachelor and master degree) of business and economics, etc.
When: May 03 - July 02, 2021, new dates will be available soon
Total workload: approx. 45 hours (flexible planning)
Duration: 8 weeks
Price: 600 € per Team (up to six persons).
"MARGA for Students" during summer semester 2020
"We enjoyed all the sessions spent together during the competition. It was both instructive and fun. It was, indeed, a challenge but everyone took the best of their own to help the group to achieve good results.
By the experience with the Marge business simulation, we realized that merging ideas from multiple directions leads to a more efficient result."
Team "Plinke", Industry Immersion Program (IIP) of ESMT Berlin / African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
MARGA Online Business Simulation Competition for Students
Kick-off in CW 18 (May 03 - 07, 2021)
Online Final: July 02, 2021
New dates will be available soon!
The price for the participation is 600 Euro plus VAT per team (up to six persons)
VAT doesn‘t apply if the institution provides a tax exemption according to § 4 No. 21 a) bb) UStG (German VAT Act).
Registration is made with the contact persons below. You will receive a file in which you can enter the required data of the participants and send it back to us.
The sommer edition of the competition has already started. New dates will be available following soon.
Tel.: +49 2235 406 364
Dr. Christoph Heinen
Dr. Sandra Wagner
We would be happy to provide you with detailed information about the Competition in an individual web-conference and show you the online business simulation software. Just give us a call or send us an e-mail.
What I particularly appreciate about 'MARGA for Students' is the extensive service. I have divided my students into teams and registered them for the competition. From then on, MARGA carried out the technical set-up and took over all communication with the participants. At the decision deadlines, I was always informed about the current focal points and the ranking of my teams in the competition. My students were thoroughly supported by MARGA and learned a lot from a different format and a further university external perspective.
Prof. Dr. Jochen Zimmermann, Professor of Business Administration, Accounting and Control, University of Bremen
Fact SheetDownload PDF
Video clip about the Competition