General management is cross-functional and requires a complex learning environment. The MARGA business simulation can realistically display this complexity.
Participants of the MARGA business simulation manage a company with all its departments and functions. Within a team, they align their own product and service spectrum to the needs of different customers and markets. They are in direct competition with other teams and develop their own competitive strategies. Period by period, the teams implement these strategies in the areas of marketing, production and service provision as well as finances.
Efficient controlling ensures transparency and provides all the information that teams require to make operational decisions. The target is to increase the company value, as measured by the Economic Value Added, EVA.
- weigh up entrepreneurial risks and make real decisions.
- use financial information and make substantial decisions.
- align their own product and service spectrum to the needs of customers.
- develop entrepreneurial thinking and acting.
- transfer strategic decisions into operative measures.
- manage all closely interlinked company divisions and functions.
- get to know the drivers that positively influence the value of the company.
Benefits of the business simulation
Realistic market environment
A realistic and dynamic corporate environment reflects current political and economic events, which repeatedly presents new challenges to the teams.
The team with the highest company value wins the competition. The identification with their own company and the direct competition between the teams arouses emotions and enthusiasm.
The 'learning by doing' method and the repeated application of what has been learned promote the practice transfer into their own work area and result in a sustainable learning effect.
The participants train their teamwork skills and make all decisions jointly. An efficient and targeted planning and decision-making process in the team is therefore a critical success factor.
MARGA is characterized by a particularly intensive tutoring. During the self-directed online phases, the tutors also support all participants in content, organizational and technical matters.
Young Professionals (e.g. career entrants, trainees, junior managers)
- Deepen and apply business fundamentals
- Get to know how all company divisions are interlinked
Experts (e.g. project managers, specialists)
- Take an overall company perspective
- Step out of the own functional area and gain understanding of other areas
High Potentials (e.g. high potentials, talents)
- Align management decisions to overall company target systems
- Develop and accept the own role as a decision maker
Executives (e.g. managers, senior managers)
- Focus on strategic orientation and financial-economic targets
- Seize dynamic changes in all areas of the company
Dr. Sandra WagnerArrange individual
MARGA offers the rare possibility to learn from expensive mistakes at a convenient price.
Axel Delker, REWE Zentral AG