Crash Course: Managerial Basics
Learn the basics of business economics within two intensive days!
Understanding finance and controlling
- What relevance does a balance sheet, a profit and loss calculation or a cash flow have and why is that of any interest?
- Which controlling figures are necessary to take correct and sound corporate decisions?
At the Managerial Basics Course we convey both classical and modern methods of company management. With regard to contents, the focus here is on the financial and accounting instruments such as: Annual financial statements including balance sheet and profit and loss calculation, year-end analysis, liquidity analysis, cash flow analysis, capital budgeting, full cost accounting with its methods of calculation, direct costing with contribution margins and overhead rates, i.a.
Dates on requestRegister now!
This seminar is only available in German language.
MARGA offers customized Inhouse solutions which can include the themes of the MARGA Managerial Basics seminar - in German as well as in English.
Perceiving managerial coherences:
- Which targets do companies aim at and by which key performance figures are they evaluated and controlled?
- How do companies measure the economic success and why is it always all about rates of return?
The methods and instruments of management are always integrated into the managerial overall context. This primary means the managerial coherences and rules, complex organizations are directed to, especially value-based management. Rates of return and capital costs, key performance indicators as well as cost management and working captal management are directed to value-based management.
Especially technicians, engineers or scientists do not have a profound managerial understanding. In the MARGA Mannagerial Basics seminar, they can consolidate their knowledge of economic basics and management themes during two intense days at Schloss Gracht.
We also offer customized seminars and include the analysis of your individual balance sheet and key success figures!
Practicing in the MARGA business simulation
Practice your knowlede as a MARGA board and make your own managerial decisions!
Our open programes
Alternatives to the two-day managerial basics course:
ESMT program: Betriebswirtschaft für Führungskräfte (German)
- Participants have a degree in engineering, science, law, or the humanities and want to gain a firm grasp of finance.
- 3 five-days modules at Schloss Gracht
- Use of the business simulation MARGA Industry
Tutorial notes and literature
The latest Tutorial Note by Bert Erlen"Managerial Basics" gets the basics and interrelations of economic management, controlling and value-based business management across.Download (pdf)
Betriebswirtschaft für Führungskräfte (German)
Betriebswirtschaft für Führungskräfte - Eine Einführung für Ingenieure, Naturwissenschaftler, Juristen und Geisteswissenschaftler
Busse von Colbe / Coenenberg / Kajüter / Linnhoff / Pellens Schäffer-Poeschel VerlagSchäffer-Poeschel Verlag